Prep Time Minutes 5
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time||Passive Time||Servings People|
The wedge salad is back! When I was growing up, salad meant iceberg lettuce. Now that we have all of these readily available microgreens, we have forgotten how satisfying a bit of crunchy iceberg can be. If you want to mix up your dinner side salad, try this great throwback wedge salad. I like to serve mine with a simple thousand island dressing, but feel free to use a ranch or blue cheese dressing if you wish.
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce cut into wedges
- 5 Tomatoes sliced into wedges
- 1 Green onion sliced thin
- Black olives optional
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 TBS Relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- To assemble the wedge salad, place an iceberg wedge and a few slices of tomatoes on a plate.
- Mix together the mayo, ketchup, relish and salt and pepper to taste in a glass bowl.
- Pour some dressing over the wedge and garnish with scallions, olives and any other veggies you like!