Indian Cauliflower and Potatoes
Prep Time Minutes 30
Cook Time 30 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 30||Cook Time 30 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Instead of grabbing Indian takeout, try this flavorful vegetarian recipe. This recipes has all the great spices you would find in your favorite Indian restaurant, but you can whip this up in a short time and adjust the spiciness to your eaters liking. Serve this with the spicy Indian Lentils, for a well rounded meal!
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger grated on a microplane
- 1 Clove Garlic grated on a microplane
- 1 TBS Oil
- 1 TBS Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Cup Water divided
- 2 TBS Oil
- 1 Serrano pepper split down the middle leaving halves attached (If you don’t like spice, you can remove all of the seeds and veins)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds seeds, not ground
- 1 Head Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 3 Russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (similar size to cauliflower)
- Salt to taste
- 2 TBS Chopped fresh cilantro** to garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated ginger, garlic, oil, coriander, turmeric, and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- In a large pot, warm 2 TBS oil over medium-high heat and add the serrano pepper. Wait 30 seconds, and then add the cumin seeds (they will spit a little).
- Add the ginger/garlic/spice mixture (it will also spit). Cook until the paste thickens, deepens in color slightly, and oil oozes out of the perimeter of the masala, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes, stirring to coat the vegetables with the masala. Season with salt and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once or twice in the process, until the cauliflower and potatoes are cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.