Green Goddess Dip with Veggies
Prep Time Minutes 5
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time||Passive Time||Servings People|
Sometimes, its fun for the kids (and adults) to have a platter or raw veggies with a great dip, at dinner. I love this green-goddess dip, adapted from the Barefoot Contessa, with its fresh basil, scallions and lemon. This recipe makes a good amount, so place the extra in a ball jar – you will want to dip everything in it!
- Fresh veggies cut into thick sticks for dipping (carrots, cucumbers, celery, peppers etc.)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Scallions chopped, white and green parts (6 to 7 scallions)
- 1 Cup Basil, fresh leaves chopped
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice freshly squeezed, about lemons
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tsp Anchovy paste optional
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream or mayo
- Place the mayonnaise, scallions, basil, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the sour cream or additional mayo and process just until blended.
- If not using immediately, refrigerate the dressing until ready to serve.
- Serve with raw veggies for dipping.