Cauliflower with Curried Yogurt
Prep Time minutes 15
Cook Time 30 minutes
Passive Time 15 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 15||Cook Time 30 minutes||Passive Time 15 minutes||Servings people|
Cauliflower and Yogurt is a heavenly combination, and the presentation of this dish on a platter is also an eye catcher. The added sweetness and crunch from the golden raisins and pistachios is an unexpected surprise. My daughter has been known to lick the platter clean, making sure to get every last drop of the curry spiced yogurt. If you’ve never had this combination, give it a try!
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS curry powder (I use a mild version but you can choose a spicy version if you are looking for the heat)
- 2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1-2 Cups Plain Yogurt the kind without the sugar added!
- ¼ Cup Golden Raisins
- ¼ Cup Pistachios
- 1 handful Cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the cauliflower on a parchment or foil lined sheet tray. Drizzle with half of the olive oil (2 TBS) and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat the pieces of cauliflower with the oil, salt and pepper. Cover the cauliflower on the tray tightly with a large piece of heavy duty foil. Bake covered for 15 minutes and uncover for the last 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is both tender enough to eat and nicely browned.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the remaining 2 TBS oil in a small Saute pan and add the curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Once the mixture has warmed and you can smell the spices, add rice vinegar and pour the oil/spice mixture into a small glass bowl, using a spatula to get out all the last drops.
- To serve: Spread the yogurt on a serving platter or individual plates. Scatter the roasted cauliflower florets on top of the yogurt. Drizzle the curried oil over the cauliflower and yogurt. Sprinkle the raisins and pistachios on top of the platter and garnish with cilantro. Make sure everyone gets a little of everything in each bite!