Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 15 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 15 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
In the summer months, there is always zucchini around and I have found many different ways to incorporate it into our menu. This zucchini soup is refreshing, super easy to make and freezes well, so that when the fresh zucchini is no longer available, you can still enjoy it. If you’re not a fan of dill, try using a sprig of rosemary instead. (Just remember to remove the sprig before blending!) For a more robust soup, add a few chopped potatoes. Serve it chilled or warm!
- 3 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large Onion roughly chopped
- 4 Large Zucchinis roughly chopped
- 4 Cups Broth vegetable or chicken (water will do, if you don’t have broth on hand)
- 1 Handfull Dill, fresh (save some for garnish, if you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place oil in a medium sized pot and bring to medium heat.
- Add the onions, season with some salt and pepper and cook until softening and starting to brown.
- Then add the zucchini and sautee with the onions for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and dill to the pot and cover. Bring to a boil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the vegetables are soft and can be smashed with a fork, remove the pot from the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Serve cold or hot!