Weeknight BBQ Chicken
Prep Time Minutes 30
Cook Time 1 Hour
|Prep Time Minutes 30||Cook Time 1 Hour||Passive Time||Servings People|
This is an easy weeknight dinner and it is “finger lickin’ good!” The sweet and tangy BBQ sauce here comes from a recipe that Chef Alex Guarnaschelli attributes to her mom. Make a whole batch of this BBQ sauce and keep it in your fridge for lots of other meals, like wings, or burgers. If you don’t have time to make this BBQ sauce, you can always use one of your favorites.
- 3 Cups Ketchup
- 2 Cups Cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Light Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Dark Brown sugar
- 2 TBS Dry mustard
- 2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Cup Chili Powder
- 4 Inch Fresh Ginger peeled and cut into 3 pieces
- 5 Cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Lemons cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 Chicken on the bone cut into 8 pieces, skin left on
- In a medium saucepan or a large high-sided saute pan, combine the ketchup, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, light brown sugar, dark brown sugar, dry mustard, Dijon mustard and chili powder. Whisk to blend. NOTE: This makes a BIG batch of sauce.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic and lemon slices and stir to combine. Simmer until the vinegar mellows slightly and the flavors start to meld together, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Discard the ginger pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Coat the chicken pieces in about 1 ½ cups of BBQ sauce (in a bowl).
- Place chicken pieces on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. You can feel free to flip over in the middle of the cooking.