Sweet Potato Soup
Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 30 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 30 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
This sweet potato soup is super easy to make and is a great addition to your winter comfort recipes. Who can resist sweet potatoes in general? And with a base of carmelized onions and garlic, along with the rosemary that imparts its flavor while cooking, this soup has a complex flavor that works so well with the sweet potatoes. This soup freezes very well, so make a big batch and save some for later.
- Olive oil
- 2 Onions roughly chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic mined
- 3 lbs Sweet Potatoes or Yams, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 8-10 Cups Broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large Dutch Oven over medium heat and coat the bottom with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Place the onions in the pot and cook until they are lightly carmelized.
- Add the garlic and sautee for one minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Cover the pot, bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are very tender, almost falling apart.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs – this is very important!
- Then with an immersion blender or traditional blender, puree the soup until it has reached a creamy consistency.