Sweet Potato Latkes with Sriracha Ailoi
Prep Time Minutes 20
Cook Time 20 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 20||Cook Time 20 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
f you are looking for a little variety in your latke eating, these sweet potato latkes are a great choice. They are made like the traditional latkes, but have a sweet taste< If you like sweet and salty, crisp up the latkes and add some extra salt at the end, when you remove them from the oil. I pair this with a sriracha aioli, for a great sweet, salty and spicy contrast.
- 1 lb Sweet Potatoes grated on medium sized holes on box rater or grating blade of food processor
- 1/3 Cup Four
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1 TBS Sriracha more or less depending on your spicy factor
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Stir together potatoes, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy sautee pan over medium high heat with about a ½ to 1/3 inch deep oil. You will know the oil is ready when you stick the handle of a wooden spoon in the oil and bubbles form around the wood. (Do not let the oil start smoking)
- If you are making regular sized latkes, spoon 1/8 Cup potato mixture per latke into oil and flatten to 2-3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula. If you are making mini latkes, you will only need a about a spoonful of batter. Play around with the quantities and sizes.
- Cook latkes until golden brown on one side and flip and repeat – about 3 minutes on each side. You may need to add more oil to the pan as you go. If oil starts to get too many burnt bits in it, you can either skim it or clean out and start with some new oil.
- When both sides are browned, remove to a paper lined sheet tray to degrease.
- Make sure to sprinkle them with a nice amount of salt when they come out of the pan, if you like a sweet and salty flavor.
- If you are not eating the latkes immediately, keep the cooked latkes warm in a warming drawer or a low temperature oven.
- Serve with a dollop of Sriracha aioli.
- To make the sriracha aioli, mix the mayo, sriracha and vinegar together!