Sheet Tray Chicken with Sumac and Veggies
Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 1 Hour
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 1 Hour||Passive Time||Servings People|
Sheet pan meals are the best! You place your entire meal on the tray, chicken and protein together, cook them and all there is to the cleanup is throwing away the parchment paper and you are done! This recipe uses lemony sumac and a great spice mix to coat both the chicken and the vegetables. The cauliflower, carrots and onions roast until they are carmelized and their sweetness comes out – making for a great balance with the chicken and roasted lemons. (Adapted from Cooking Light)
- 6 TBS Olive oil
- 1-2 TBS Sumac
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1 TBS Paprika
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 TBS Lemon juice
- 1 Clove Garlic grated on a microplane
- 1 Cauliflower cut into florettes
- 4-6 Carrots halved lengthwise or quartered if large
- 1 Red onion cut into ¾ inch wedges
- 4 Chicken thighs bone in, skinned or skin on, your preference
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks skinned or skin on, your preference
- 1 Lemon Cut into thin half moons
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix together the olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper, brown sugar, paprika, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and garlic.
- Place the cut cauliflower and carrots in a large metal bowl and add half of the olive oil spice mixture to the bowl and coat the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables on a parchment lines sheet tray.
- Add the onion wedges to the sheet tray.
- Next place the chicken pieces and the now empty bowl along with the remaining olive oil spice mixture and coat the chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces on the sheet tray with the vegetables and add the sliced lemons as well. (You may need two sheet trays).
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 40-60 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are ready.