Sea Bass over Potatoes and Leeks
Prep Time Minutes 20
Cook Time 20 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 20||Cook Time 20 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
This is my go-to company fish dinner, if I am having guesys on a weeknight. The creamy and buttery sea bass topped with crunchy garlic rosemary breadcrumbs is already a delicious mouthful. Plating the fish over warm potatoes, leeks and a pungent balsamic dressing pushes this dish over the top. It is rich tasting, and just filling enough for a special weeknight dinner.
- 2 TBS Butter or olive oil
- 8 Cups Leeks thinly sliced, white and pale green parts only
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs unseasoned
- 1 tsp Rosemary, fresh chopped very small
- 2 Cloves Garlic grated on a microplane
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 6 6 ounce Sea bass fillets skin removed
- 1/4 Cup Dijon mustard plus 1 tsp
- 2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 6-8 Red potatoes scrubbed, but unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Place 2 TBS butter or olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and chicken broth to skillet. Cover and simmer until leeks are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and simmer until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place breadcrumbs, rosemary, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a glass bowl and mix until they are well combined.
- Place fish on parchment or foil baking sheet. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Spread 1/4 cup mustard on top of the fish, dividing equally. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over each fillet, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake fish until opaque in center, about 20 minutes.
- Place vinegar, 1 teaspoon mustard and ¼ cup olive oil in small glass jar with a lid. Cover and shake. Season with salt and pepper. Set vinaigrette aside.
- To serve, slice each potato crosswise into 5 rounds. Arrange potato slices in circle on plates. Spread 1/6 of leek mixture over potatoes on each plate. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Place fish atop leek mixture.