Salmon with Kale and Cabbage
Prep Time minutes 15
Cook Time 20 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 15||Cook Time 20 minutes||Passive Time||Servings people|
When I am looking for a “superfood” meal that can be thrown together quickly, this is the one! It bakes on one sheet and when I am really in a pinch, I turn to the Trader Joes, already washed and sliced, kale and cabbage – each in their own bag -which takes the prep time down to about 5 minutes. When baked, the kale turns into crunchy chips and the lemon-dill sauce poured over the top adds a classic and fresh taste. (Adapted from Martha Stewart)
- 1 Bunch Kale* tough stems removed,thinly sliced (about 5 cups, loosely packed)
- 1/2 Head Green cabbage any kind (savoy, green) cored and thinly sliced (4 cups, loosely packed)
- 8 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 Salmon filets 6-8 ounces each
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 4 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or foil, toss kale and cabbage with 3 tablespoons oil and spread in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes, or until starting to wilt.
- Remove from oven and stir the veggies around on the sheet pan
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, dill, mustard, and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place on top of the cabbage kale mixture on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the salmon and vegetables with the dressing.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over Quinoa or cous cous.