Salad with Pears and Spiced Nuts
Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 20 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 20 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
This great fall salad has that wonderful balance of sweet, salty and spicy. Pears roasted with brown sugar and spiced cashews will give your usual mixed salad greens some extra flavor flair.
- 3 TBS Brown Sugar
- 2 Bosc Pears Ripe but firm, cored and quartered lengthwise
- 1 TBS Melted butter
- 1 tsp Rosemary fresh finely chopped
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3/4 Cup Roasted Cashews
- 3 TBS Wine vinegar
- 3 TBS Dijon
- 2 TBS Honey
- 3 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10 ounce Mixed salad greens
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the Oven to 425.
- Prepare a parchment lined sheet tray. Place 2 TBs brown sugar on a plate. Dip each side of the pear in the brown sugar and place the pears on the sheet tray. Cook for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, sir together the butter, rosemary, curry powder and Cayenne, 1 TBS brown sugar and roasted cashews. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, place the wine vinegar, Dijon, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small glass bottle with a top. Cover and shake until emulsified.
- Toss the greens with the dressing, making sure to coat, but not to over-dress.
- To assemble the salad, mound the dressed greens in the center of individual plate or serving tray. Arrange pears and cashews on top of the greens and sprinkle with cranberries.