Prep Time Minutes 20
Cook Time 20 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 20||Cook Time 20 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Pasta Puttanesca This is a great pantry pasta that you can pull together in no time, with ingredients that you likely have sitting around in your house. I love the salty and spicy ingredients here, like capers, olives, anchovies and red pepper flakes, that give this pasta its kick. Feel free to include your own additions or take out those that don’t suit you.
- 16 ounces Pasta any shape you like
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 TBS Herbs de Provence Trader Joes and Savory have some great options
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes (or more if you like it super spicy)
- 1/2 Cup Olives* such as Kalamata or oil cured, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 Cup Capers preferably the small ones
- 3-5 Anchovy Fillets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 28 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Basil, fresh chopped
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Save 1 cup pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large sautee pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the garlic, herbs de provence, red pepper flakes, olives, capers, anchovy fillets, and sautee until the garlic just begins to brown and the anchovies are melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce begins to come together.
- Combine the sauce with the pasta. If it needs to be loosened up, add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.