Pan seared Salmon with Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary
Prep Time Minutes 5
Cook Time 15 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time 15 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Want an easy weeknight salmon recipe with about 4 ingredients? This pan seared salmon cooks, which cooks along with fresh lemon, rosemary and garlic, will impart flavor and be done in no time. I love to serve the fish alongside the roasted lemon slices and garlic – they are my favorite part of the dish. Serve fish with Mashed Potato salad with balsamic Vinaigrette alongside, or plate fish on top of a mound of the potatoes.
- 4 6 ounces Salmon filets
- 1 Lemon sliced into 1/3 inch rounds
- 2-3 Sprigs Rosemary
- 4 Cloves Garlic kept whole
- canola oil as needed
- Salt and Pepper
- Additional lemon for squeezing juice on top
- Add a few TBS of oil to a large skillet and over medium high heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is hot, add the salmon presentation (opposite of skin side) down and cook for about 3-5 minutes (depending on how thick the piece is).
- Add the lemon slices, garlic and rosemary.
- While the salmon is cooking, baste it with the oil that collects at the bottom of the pan with a spoon.
- Your salmon is ready to flip when it is well browned. Carefully flip the filets and cook for an additional 3 minutes or so.
- Before serving, squeeze a little extra fresh lemon on top.
- Serve with the carmelized lemon and garlic.