Noki’s Moroccan Fish and Veggies
Prep Time minutes 20
Cook Time 35 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 20||Cook Time 35 minutes||Passive Time||Servings people|
Our cousin from Israel once made this fish for us and it has become a regularly requested dinner in our family. Its middle-eastern spices along with the lemon juice and olive oil, transform a simple white fish into an exotic meal. As a bonus, you cook the whole thing on a sheet pan, which makes for a super easy cleanup. I like to serve this over couscous.
- 4 Carrots cut into ¼ inch circles, on the bias
- 3 Red Bell Peppers cut into thin strips
- 6 Cloves Garlic chopped small
- 1 large bunch cilantro stems discarded and chopped (for cilantro haters, you can substitute parsley)
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 TBS Paprika
- salt and pepper to taste (about 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper)
- 5 Tomatoes sliced into thin circles (I prefer Roma for this dish)
- 4 Seranno Chilis left whole (optional)
- 2 Lemons sliced into thin circles, peel on
- 2 lbs White fish (I use dover sole,but you can use any thin white fish)
- 1 Cup couscous, dry cooked according to instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix together the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, lemon juice and half of the spice mixture over the veggies on the sheet tray and mix thoroughly until all of the veggies are coated well. (You can also do this step in a large mixing bowl – I just hate washing extra dishes)
- Spread the veggie mixture out in an even layer and cover with the tomato slices and serranos, if using.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked through.
- Remove from oven and raise the oven temperature to 450.
- Uncover the tray and place fish pieces in a single layer on top of the veggie mixture. Sprinkle the other half of the spice mixture on top of the fish and then top the fish with the lemon slices.
- Return to the oven, uncovered, and cook for another 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the lemons are beginning to crisp up.
- I like to place each portion of the fish and veggie mixture on top of bed of whole-wheat couscous.