Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 20 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 20 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Who doesn’t like pasta alfredo? This is pasta alfredo with a little less guilt…I use whole grain pasta, lots of mushrooms, peas and just enough cream to make it taste like alfredo. Make this once and your family will keep on requesting it! (Adapted from Everyday Food)
- 1 lb Whole grain fusilli or other whole grain pasta
- 2 TBS Butter
- 3 Shallots, small thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 lb Shitake mushrooms stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lb Crimini mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 TBS Fresh thyme
- 1/2 Cup White wine, dry such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 3/4 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Cup Frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan for serving
- Cook pasta according to instructions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add shitake and cremini mushrooms and thyme and cook until mushrooms have released their juices and are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in cream and frozen peas, and cook until warmed (do not let boil). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss to combine.
- Top with Parmesan.