Maple Bread Pudding
Prep Time minutes 10
Cook Time 40 minutes
Passive Time 30 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 10||Cook Time 40 minutes||Passive Time 30 minutes||Servings people|
Bread pudding is one of those indulgent breakfasts (or breakfast for dinner!) to save for a special occasion. The creamy bread inside with the addition of maple syrup and the crunchy caramelized exterior are the perfect combination. Prepare this in advance and reheat on the morning after Thanksgiving for a delicious breakfast treat for all your guests. Adapted from WebsByMegan.
- 8 Slices Crusty Bread or 4 Challah rolls
- 2 Eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 Cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 TBS caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using crusty bread, cut into ¾ inch cubes. If you use the Challah rolls, I suggest tearing apart into approximately ¾ inch pieces (if you do this before you let the bread dry it is easier to tear).
- Place the cut or torn bread in a 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, egg white, and sugar together. Then stir in the syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Bake for approximately forty minutes, or until lightly browned on top and set in the middle.
- Drizzle warm caramel sauce over the top, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.