Lemon Zest and Garlic Potato Salad
Prep Time minutes 10
Cook Time 40 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 10||Cook Time 40 minutes||Passive Time||Servings people|
This is a potato salad like you’ve never had before. As opposed to creamy and soggy potato salads from days or yore, this updated potato salad features crisp roasted potatoes and is bursting with fresh vibrant flavors.
- 8-10 Potatoes, large (I use thin skinned, but use whatever you have on hand)
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil Plus 3 TBS
- 3 Lemons zested
- 2 TBS Parsley finely chopped
- 2 TBS Garlic cloves minced or grated on a microplane
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash potatoes well and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Mix potatoes and ¼ cup olive oil in a bowl and place on a parchment lined sheet tray, in one layer. (I often just mix the potatoes and oil on the lined tray, if I want fewer dishes to wash!)
- Sprinkle the oiled potatoes with a generous amount of salt and some pepper.
- Cook for approximately 40 minutes, until the outside is golden brown and crisp and the inside is tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together in your serving bowl, the lemon zest, parsley, garlic, remaining 3 TBS olive and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes come out of the oven, toss them together with the lemon zest mixture and serve immediately, while hot.