Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad
Prep Time minutes 15
Cook Time 0
Passive Time 0
|Prep Time minutes 15||Cook Time 0||Passive Time 0||Servings people|
When I was growing up, Kale was that funny green stuff that showed up on a catering platter. As we all know, Kale has become one of the “it” superfoods and Kale salad is a favorite way to eat it. This Kale salad, with its lemon, garlic, and parmesan has a lot of punch. Unlike traditional salads made with lettuces, Kale salad will keep in the fridge without wilting for a day or two or can be made ahead and stored. (Adapted from Marin Mama website)
- 1 bunch Kale* washed and sliced thin (I use Lacinato, but you can use curly also)
- 4 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 Juice and zest Lemon
- 3 Cloves Garlic grated on micro-plane
- Parmesan cheese grated, to taste
- Rub Kale with 2 TBS olive oil and salt until it softens and gets bright green. Really rub it – like you are giving it a massage for 1-2 minutes!
- Place remaining olive oil, lemon zest, juice, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste in a glass jar and shake well.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over the kale and top with parmesan.
To make leftovers into a heartier lunch salad, add squares of tempeh.