Goat Cheese and Leek Quiche
Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 40 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 40 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Quiche is one of those favorite dinners in our house and this quiche is just a little extra classy. Instead of some of the more traditional versions (like broccoli cheddar, featured on this site) this quiche combines sautéed leeks, with their earthy flavor, and creamy goat cheese, with its slight tang to balance the flavors. Make this for family dinner or when friends pop over for a last minute brunch. You can double this recipe and freeze one quiche for another occasion.
- 1 9 9 inch Quiche Crust store bought frozen or your favorite homemade savory crust
- 2 TBS Butter or olive oil
- 2 Leeks cleaned well, halved lengthwise and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk (you can use a combination of milk and cream if you are being extra indulgent)
- 2 Large Eggs plus 2 yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 ounces Goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Sautee leeks in butter in a sauté pan over medium heat until softened, about 5- 7 minutes.
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a bowl and add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Place the quiche crust on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place the sautéed leeks and the goat cheese, crumbled, over the bottom of the quiche crust.
- Pour milk and egg mixture on top of the leeks and cheese. It should come up to the right below the crust’s rim.
- Place the sheet tray with the quiche in the oven and cook for about 35 minutes, until the quiche is light golden brown and the center feels set but still soft.
- Let cool until it is no longer hot, but warm.