Egg Drop Soup
Prep Time Minutes 5
Cook Time 5 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time 5 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
My kids love egg drop soup! This one is healthy and fresh – and tastes nothing like some of the goopy versions you may have had at a Chinese restaurant. And the best part is that you can throw this together in a few minutes while you are preparing the rest of your dinner.
- 4 Cups Chicken broth
- 4 Cups Wwater
- 4 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger grated on a microplane
- 1 Handfull Snow peas cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 1 TBS Rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 3 Scallions finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, soy sauce and ginger to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add snow peas and cook until just turning bright green.
- Lower to a simmer.
- Stir the soup in one direction and slowly pour in the beaten eggs, while continuing to stir. The eggs should cook immediately and form strands.
- Remove from heat. Season with rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with scallions and serve!