Prep Time minutes 10
Cook Time 0
Passive Time 30 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 10||Cook Time 0||Passive Time 30 minutes||Servings people|
This cucumber salad is easy, refreshing, and the recipe is really easy to remember: Equal parts sugar and vinegar and double part water. You can make more or less liquid depending on how many cucumbers you are using. Once the cucumbers have been eaten, you can even add new cucumbers to the liquid and after a half hour, you will have a new batch of cucumber salad for lunch the next day!
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 2 TBS Fresh chopped dill optional – but delicious!
- 1 small Red onion sliced into half moons (optional)
- Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds. I use a mandolin, and this makes slicing them super easy. (I also leave the peel on organic cucumbers and it adds nice color).
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a glass or non-reactive bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together until the sugar is dissolved and all the cucumbers have taken a dip.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour or more, if you can. Serve cold.