Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Prep Time Minutes 20
Cook Time 30 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 20||Cook Time 30 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
This is a classic creamy cauliflower soup recipe, lightened up. It has all the warm flavors that come with sweet cooked cauliflower and nutmeg, along with sautéed onions, leeks and celery for some added depth. I use milk, to lighten things up, but you can, of course, use cream if you’re feeling indulgent….
- 2 TBS Butter or olive oil
- 1 Leek washed well and sliced into rounds
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 Stalks Celery sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Head Cauliflower cut into florettes
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth or water
- 2 Cups Milk
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium high heat with butter or olive oil.
- Sautee the leeks, onions and celery, along with salt and pepper for 10 minutes, until softened, but not browned.
- Add the nutmeg and stir.
- Add the cauliflower, broth/water, milk and bring to a simmer, and lower the temperature, so that it is lightly simmering, but the milk does not boil over.
- Cook until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy.