Chinese Fried Rice
Prep Time Minutes 15
Cook Time 10 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 15||Cook Time 10 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
This is one of those takeout foods that taste even better at home. The best thing about Chinese fried rice is the combination of the flavorful Asian seasoned rice with shitakes, fried egg and small carrots and peas, all in one bite! This has all the great Chinese takeout flavor without the added grease.
- 2 TBS Oil
- 4 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 TBS Ginger grated on a microplane
- 1-2 Carrots cut1/4-inch square dice
- 12 ounces Tofu Or chicken breast, or any other protein of your choice cut into a 1/4-inch dice
- 4 ounces Shiitake mushrooms or button mushrooms, stemmed and sliced thin
- 1 Cup peas frozen
- 3 cups Cooked brown rice best is if it is a day old
- 2-3 TBS Soy sauce
- salt and white pepper
- 1 TBS Toasted sesame oil
- 2 Green onions sliced thin
- Heat a wok or large sautee pan over high heat and add 1 TBS oil.
- Add the eggs and scramble, then set aside on a plate. Clean out the pan.
- Add the remaining 1 TBS oil to the wok. Add the ginger and carrots and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the protein (tofu etc,), and mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
- Then add the peas and cooked rice and toss together until warmed through.
- Add the cooked egg back into the wok.
- Season the mixture with the soy sauce, salt and pepper and sesame oil.
- Turn off the heat and add the green onions and mix. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.