Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Prep Time minutes 25
Cook Time 40 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 25||Cook Time 40 minutes||Passive Time||Servings people|
Quiche has a fancy sounding name, but it’s actually quite easy to put together. There are so many different types of quiches you can make and they all follow the same three step formula: 1) Place the cheese of your choice on the bottom of the crust. 2) Put whatever veggie mix you are using on top of the cheese and 3) Pour the milk and egg mixture on top. This quiche is a broccoli cheddar quiche, which is a classic pairing. The below recipe is for one quiche, but for a family of 4 or 5 good eaters, I generally make two quiches, so I recommend doubling the recipe. The leftovers won’t last long. Serve this dinner with my summer corn soup as a starter and my lemony parmesan Kale salad on the side.
- 1 Pie Crust I use whole wheat pie crust that comes frozen and already in the quiche tin, but if you have time, you can alway make yours fresh!
- 1/3 Cup Cheddar cheese grated (you can add more if you like lots of cheese)
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets you can also use frozen broccoli
- 2 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic thinly sliced
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk any kind you like
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in the olive oil on medium high heat, until beginning to brown.
- Add the broccoli florets and sautee for one minute.
- Add ¼ cup water and cover the pan until the broccoli is cooked through and no water remains in the pan. (If using frozen, omit the water and cook until no longer frozen).
- Place the frozen pie crust on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet. This will make it easier to get it in and out of the over - and will catch any spills.
- Place the cheese on the bottom of the frozen pie crust.
- Place the cooked broccoli/onion/garlic mixture on top of the cheese.
- Mix together the eggs and the milk in a separate bowl or measuring cup and then pour into the quiche crust on top of the broccoli.
- Place the tray with the quiche into the oven and cook for about 40 minutes or until firm. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Recommended: Double the below recipe to make 2 quiches for a family dinner (and some leftovers)