Balsamic Glazed Endive
Prep Time Minutes 5
Cook Time 10 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time 10 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Endive is a great spring vegetable. I love the bitterness of the endive, which is not too powerful. I simmer the endive in broth and balsamic vinegar until it gets soft and the liquid makes a thick syrup that I drizzle on top. The sweet balsamic glaze pairs very well with the slightly bitter endive.
- 6-8 Endives cut in half, the long way, bottom in tact so they stay together
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1 Cup Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/8 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Place oil in a heavy sautee pan and warm of medium high heat.
- Place endive cut side down and brown for 1- minutes, until it gets brown on one side. Flip endives over and brown for 2 minute.
- Flip endive back to cut side down and add broth, salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar and lightly cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook until the liquid has become thick and almost syrupy.
- Remove endive to a plate and pour sauce on top.