Prep Time Minutes 5
Cook Time 45 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time 45 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
My mother used to make baked apples for us when we were kids, when she wanted to have something for us to nosh on after school and later on, when we would come home to visit. Now, I make them for my family as a treat. These are a guilt free dessert – the only ingredients are apples, cinnamon and water! No sugar needed when you use good fresh fall apples. The best part of all is how delicious your house will smell while you are making these…
- 6 Apples, Large My favorite variety for this recipe is Rome
- 2 TBS Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- To prepare the apples, take a grapefruit spoon and rotate it around the top of the apple to remove the stem and the area surrounding it, to make an indentation, but do not fully core. If you don’t have a grapefruit spoon, you can also use a small paring knife.
- Place the apples in a baking dish and pour water into the dish so that it comes up on the apples about 1-2 inches. Sprinkle the apples generously with the cinnamon, making sure some falls into the water.
- Bake the apples until they are soft enough to eat with a spoon.
- For a special treat serve these with some powdered sugar, caramel sauce and/or vanilla ice cream!