Tomato Basil Salad with Balsamic Reduction
Prep Time minutes 5
Cook Time 5 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 5||Cook Time 5 minutes||Passive Time||Servings people|
When tomatoes are in season, I cant get enough of this salad. It’s super easy to throw together in the last minute and is bursting with flavor. It has only a few ingredients, so using your best olive oil and salts will go a long way here.
- 4-5 Tomatoes I like to use heirloom varieties when they are in season
- 1 Bunch Basil, fresh
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper coarsely ground
- Place the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and add 1 TBS of sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until it is reduced by half. Place in a jar and let it cool in the fridge. (Hopefully you will have some left over – you will want to put this on everything!)
- Slice a variety of fresh heirloom summer tomatoes and place them on a large serving plate.
- Season liberally with fresh cracked black pepper and good quality coarse salt.
- Chiffonade a handful of fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle the basil over the seasoned tomatoes and top with some high quality extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic reduction.