Prep Time Minutes 20
Cook Time 20 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 20||Cook Time 20 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
If you are a fan of sushi, this is a great way to experience all of your favorite sushi ingredients, without all of the tricky rolling. The rice forms the base of this bowl and then you add all of those great sushi toppings, like avocado, nori and edamame. I like to use marinated tofu as the protein for this bowl, but you can also use some salmon broiled with teriyaki sauce. Top the bowl with some panko crunch, spicy mayo and some extra soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. This recipe is more of a formula than an exact recipe, so use your favorite veggies and toppings.
- 2 Cups Rice cooked (sushi rice or short grain brown rice)
- 2 Avocados cut into chunks or thin slices
- 1 Cucumber sliced thin, I like to use small Persian cucumbers
- 1 Cup Edamame shelled and cooked
- 3 TBS Sesame seeds
- 2 Sheets Nori cut into thin strips
- 2 Cups Tofu cubed and marinated overnightyour favorite Teriyaki Sauce (You can substitute this for some teriyaki roasted salmon or California roll fish if you are not a tofu fan)
- ¼ Cup cilantro**
- 1 Jalapeno sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 Cup Panko mixed with one TBS oil and broiled for less than a minute until just beginning to brown or toast
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy sauce
- Spicy Mayo (mix of mayo, sriracha and a dash of agave and sesame oil)
- Place the cooked rice in a bowl and arrange each of your toppings in sections over the rice.
- Top with some crunchy roasted panko and spicy mayo and teriyaki or soy sauce.