Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Wings
I am always in search of the best wings and these slow BBQ cooker wings are unexpectedly delicious and crispy! The cook for a number of hours in the slow cooker, which makes them incredibly tender on the inside, and then you grill them for 5 minutes on each side and when they come off, coat them in a pungent BBQ sauce. They come have tons of flavor with an amazingly crunchy exterior. Eat these at your superbowl party or any weeknight! (Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen, Slow Cooker)
- 4-6 lbs Chicken wings cut at joints and wingtips discarded
- 1 TBS Paprika
- 1 TBS Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- 6 TBS Molasses
- 2 TBS Dijon
- 1 TBS Cider vinegar
- 1 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Liquid smoke optional
- Coat the insert of your slow cooker lightly with vegetable spray.
- Mix the various spices together in a small bowl.
- Place the wings in the slow cooker and toss with the spice mixture.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on low.
- While the wings are cooking. Combine the ketchup, molasses, Dijon, cider vinegar, brown sugar and liquid smoke in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Remove the wings from the slow cooker and place on a preheated grill on high and cook for 5 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- When the wings come off the grill, toss them in the sauce and serve immediately!
- Serve with TG’s lemon zest potato salad and tangy slaw.