Salt 'N Vinegar Smashed Potatos
Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 40 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 40 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
If you like salt and vinegar potato chips, try subbing out your usual mashed potato side for these smashed potatoes. For those of us who grew up on the east coast beaches in summertime, these will take you back to Thrasher’s French fries!
- 1-2 pounds Fingerling or red potatoes Make sure to pick ones that are small
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Malt vinegar (or cider vinegar if you don’t have)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet and brush or spray with Olive oil.
- Remove from the water, and place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Smash the potatoes, using the bottom of a small glass bowl until they are smashed, but still holding their shape.
- Brush the tops of the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook until crisp and golden, about 20-30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle or brush each potato with the vinegar and some extra salt, if needed.