Roasted Shisito Peppers
Prep Time Minutes 5
Cook Time 5 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time 5 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Shisito peppers seem to have replaced edamame as a favorite appetizer at trendy Asian restaurants these days. But, you don’t have to eat out to enjoy these delicious sweet and spicy treats. I make these for parties all the time and guests flock to them. The best part is, they could not be easier to throw together in the last minute!
- 12 ounces Shisito peppers washed (you can find these in stores now in bags, ready to go!)
- 1/2 Cup Teriyaki Sauce such as Soy Vay or Trader Joe’s Soyaki
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Line a sheet tray with foil and place the shisito peppers on the tray.
- Pour the Teriyaki sauce on top and mix well with the shisitos. Make sure they are spread in one even layer. (You can also mix them in a bowl and then transfer to the sheet, but I don’t like washing etra dishes)
- Place the tray with shisitos in the oven, right below the burner.
- Cook until the shisitos are getting a bit charred. This should take about 5 minutes, but keep a close eye on them.
- When they are slightly charred and cooked, place in a bowl or on a tray and serve with some extra Teriaki for dipping or your favorite asian dipping sauce!