Roasted Green Beans
Prep Time Minutes 5
Cook Time 5 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time 5 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
This is a great side vegetable to add to any meal, especially when you need a pop of color. Instead of steaming the green beans, I like to broil them until they are slightly charred, which gives them a nice flavor and crunch.
- 1 lb Green beans trimmed
- 2 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to broil and place the oven rack on the top rung of the oven.
- Place the green beans on a foil lined sheet tray. Rub the olive oil over the green beans until they are coated. Make sure the beans are spread out evenly in one layer.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet tray with the beans under the broiler on high and cook until the beans begin to brown, but not burn.
- Remove from oven and add more salt and pepper if needed.