Everyone has carrots around the house. If you are looking for a great way to add some color to your dinner, this is a great veggie side. Its simple to make and the sweet carrots are sure to be a big hit with the kids too. (Adapted from Cooks Illustrated)
- 1-2 lbs Carrots
- 2 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Adjust oven to middle rack and preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut carrots into uniform sized pieces. I like to cut them on the bias into ¼ inch thick long rounds. You can also cut them crosswise in half and then into long halves or quarters, depending on how big the carrots are.
- Line a large tray with parchment paper and mix the carrots and olive oil directly on the lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with heavy duty tin foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes. (The carrots should be beginning to soften)
- Remove foil and cook until the carrots are browned and tender, about 30 minutes.