Philip’s Baked Beans
Prep Time Minutes 10
Cook Time 10 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 10||Cook Time 10 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
You may have already met our cousin Philip on this site - he is a great cook. These beans simmer with a cinnamon stick and fresh orange, and the result are baked beans like you’ve never had them before. These are a great side for any BBQ or with sausage, peppers and onions.
- 2 14 ounce Cans Baked Beans your favorite variety
- 1/4 lb pastrami cut into 1 inch strips, sliced from the deli counter
- 1 Orange
- 1/4 Cup BBQ sauce your favorite variety
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 TBS Brown Sugar
- Open the can of baked beans. Use the metal lid to squeeze out the extra juice/sauce. Be gentle enough to not break the beans.
- Place the pastrami in a dry saucepan over high heat and sautee 2-3 minutes, until beginning to crisp.
- Add the beans with their remaining liquid.
- Zest the orange and place the zest in the pot with the beans.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze out the juice into the beans. Half of the orange juice will likely be enough, but use to taste.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes and then serve!