Orange Zest and Maple Grilled Chicken
Prep Time Minutes 15
Cook Time 40 Minutes
Passive Time 4 Hours
|Prep Time Minutes 15||Cook Time 40 Minutes||Passive Time 4 Hours||Servings People|
Our cousin Phillip makes amazing barbeque sauces and this one will blow you away! As opposed to a traditional tomato based sauce, this one uses a combination of fresh herbs, orange zest and maple syrup to create a mouth-watering barbeque chicken that will really stand out at your next barbeque.
- 1 Chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 3 Tbs Maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1/2 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Zest of Orange
- 1 Tbs Sage, fresh chiffonade (cut into thik ribbons)
- 1 Sprig Rosemary, fresh stem removed and finely chopped
- 3 Sprigs Thyme, fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cleaned chicken into a large metal or glass bowl.
- Put all remaining ingredients, for the marinade, into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let the marinade cool and then pour over the chicken. Cover the bowl with the marinating chicken and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Take out of the fridge before grilling to give the marinade enough time to un-congeal.
- For a Gas Grill: Heat the grill on high, until the thermometer registers 400 degrees. Turn the middle burner off and lower the outer burners to medium. (You will cook the chicken on indirect heat.)
- Place the chicken skin side down, over the middle (turned off) burner. After 15-20 minutes, once the skin is well browned, baste the chicken and then flip to turn the skin side up.
- Baste the skin side and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature registers at least 165 degrees.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.