Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Prep Time Minutes 20
Cook Time 15 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 20||Cook Time 15 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Chicken nuggets are the kid’s meal that all adults love to eat – and these are chicken nuggets that you can feel good about eating. I like to make a double batch of these and freeze the extras on a sheet pan and then once frozen, put them in a bag to eat later! And there you have it –homemade chicken nuggets that you can pull out of your freezer whenever you need them!
- 2 lbs Chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 1-2 Cups Seasoned bread crumbs*
- Cut chicken cutlets into bit sized pieces. Place the flour, cayenne and salt in a large Ziplock bag and mix together. Add the cut up chicken pieces and shake around to coat.
- Add beaten eggs to a bowl and seasoned bread crumbs to another bowl. Dip each piece of flour-coated chicken into the egg mixture and then into the seasoned bread crumb mixture.
- Set coated chicken pieces on a parchment lined tray until you are ready to fry.
- Heat a large heavy sautee pan on medium high heat and add 1 inch of peanut or grape seed oil (any oil with a high burning point). When the bottom of a wooden spoon placed in the oil gets bubbles on the wood, your oil is ready. Deep fry each nugget, making sure not to crowd the pan, for just a few minutes until crispy on the outside and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes total. Serve immediately or freeze.
- These are delicious with any of your favorite dipping sauces (ketchup, bbq, ranch etc.)
*You can buy seasoned bread crumbs or you can use plain crumbs and add some salt and pepper, oregano, garlic powder and basil.