Prep Time minutes 10
Cook Time 30 minutes
Passive Time 15 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 10||Cook Time 30 minutes||Passive Time 15 minutes||Servings people|
Sunday nights in the summer tend to be our BBQ night. We’re not rushing home from work and we love to be outside, especially towards evening as it cools off. These Grilled Wings are a family favorite, with their sweet and spicy rub that crisps up on the grill. I found this great recipe watching Cooks Country, where they test out all kinds of methods and come up with the best one. These wings are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. I serve the wigs with a quick homemade vegan garlic ranch.
- 2 lbs Chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Combine the cornstarch and seasonings in a small bowl. (If you like more seasonings, you can double the spice amounts)
- Dry off wings and place in a large bowl. Toss the cornstarch mixture with the wings until evenly coated. (It is easiest to shake and toss the bowl).
- Turn the gas grill on high and cover until hot for 15 minutes. Then adjust burners to medium low (350 degrees) and clean off the grates with a brush.
- Place wings on the grill, thicker skin side up for 12-15 minutes, until browned on bottom. Flip the wings and cook for about 10 more minutes, until crisp (and 180 degrees).
- Transfer wings to a platter and let sit, tented with foil, for 5-10 minutes, before serving. Serve with vegan garlic ranch dressing (recipe on site)