Garlicky Steamed Kale
This is a great throw together at the last minute vegetable side. It only needs to cook for a few minutes and is a great super-food for those who love to eat their greens!
- 3 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Bunch Kale* washed, separated from stalks and roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Pinch Pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges (optional)
- Heat up a sautee pan with the olive oil and add the garlic.
- As soon as the garlic starts to take on color, add the kale to the pan, stir and coat with the garlic and olive oil.
- Sautee and add a sprinkling of water, to the pan to help with cooking.
- Once the Kale turns bright green, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Serve with lemon wedges, for people to squeeze on top of their kale, if they like a little zing.