Fish with Crispy Crumbs
Want an easy weeknight fish recipe? This is it. The crumbs have lots of punchy flavors, that come from the lemon zest, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes and these crisp up in the oven for a great crunch. You can make the crumbs (and double them) ahead of time and keep them in the oven, which turns this into a dinner with basically no prep.
- 2 lb Fish filet, such as a side of salmon, halbut, arcit char or cod
- 3 TBS Honey or Silan (date honey)
- 2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Cup Corn Flake Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Panko
- 4 Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Zest of lemon
- Juice of lemon
- 1 tsp Rosemary, fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the fish filets or fillet on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Mix together the honey and Dijon and spread evenly over the fish.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well combined. You can feel free to play around with the ingredients in the crumb mixture, removing any that you are not crazy about and adding any others that you are.
- Pat a thick layer of the crumb mixture into the fish and bake until cooked through, but not overdone. The fish should be opaque and the crumbs should be crispy but not burnt.