Farfalle with Garlic, Spinach and breadcrumbs
Prep Time Minutes 5
Cook Time 20 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 5||Cook Time 20 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
Sometimes the best pasta dishes are the simple ones, with a few powerful ingredients. This dish uses anchovies, which impart a deep (but not fishy flavor) and lots of garlic and some pepper flakes for a kick. The spinach and the breadcrumbs add some additional brightness and crunch. And the best thing is, you can throw this pasta dinner together in the last minute.
- 1 lb Farfalle pasta
- Pasta water
- 1/2 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS Anchovy paste or chopped anchovies
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 Cloves Garlic finely minced
- 5 Cups Baby spinach about 6 ounces
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. DO NOT throw out the pasta water. Before draining ladel out 1-2 cups of pasta water into a measuring cup and reserve for later. Then, drain the pasta and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large sautee pan with ¼ Cup of the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the anchovies, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook until you can really smell them, about 2 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs and sautee until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Turn down to medium heat and add the pasta and the spinach to the sautee pan. Stir until the spinach is just beginning to wilt and the ingredients are combined.
- Add enough pasta water to create some sauce.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add remaining or additional olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.