Chicken with Potatoes and Onions
Prep Time Minutes 15
Cook Time 70 Minutes
|Prep Time Minutes 15||Cook Time 70 Minutes||Passive Time||Servings People|
This is one of those meals that just smells like home. Not only is it a really comforting meal, but it is an easy to make, one dish meal. You layer the potatoes and onions on the bottom of the dish and top them with the chicken. As they cook together, the onions caramelize into sweet goodness, while the potatoes get creamy and flavored by the chicken and spices. Serve this chicken with a simple green salad or my roasted string beans or carrots.
- 6 Potatoes medium to large (any variety)
- 2 Onions large
- 4 TBS Olive oil
- 1 TBS Salt
- 1 TBS black pepper
- 2 TBS Paprika
- 1 TBS Garlic powder
- 1 TBS Onion powder
- 1 Chicken cut into 8 (skin on or off, your preference )
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the spices. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes if you want to leave the skin on. Slice the potatoes into ¼ inch thin round slices. Then slice the onions into ¼ inch thin half moons.
- Grease a 9-13 Pyrex and place the sliced potatoes and onions inside.
- Mix in about 2 TBS of the spice mixture and 2 TBS of the oil and toss.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Remove from the oven. Place the chicken pieces, skin side down with some of the remaining spice mixture and then flip over, skin side up and sprinkle the skin side with the rest of the spice mixture.
- Return to the oven uncovered and cook the chicken and potatoes and onions for 40-50 minutes more, until cooked through.