Bowtie Pasta with Broccoli and Lemon Zest
Prep Time minutes 20
Cook Time 20 minutes
|Prep Time minutes 20||Cook Time 20 minutes||Passive Time||Servings people|
This pasta dinner is both delicious and super easy to make. The lemon zest and parmesan contribute some punch while the broccoli adds color and a nice bite. You can serve this pasta warm or make this dinner ahead of time and serve it at room temperature. (Adapted from The Barfeoot Contessa)
- 8 cups Broccoli florets (or two bags frozen broccoli
- 1 pound Bow tie pasta
- 2 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil or you can use half butter
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 Lemon zested
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBS Lemon juice freshly squuezed
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts toased
- Parmesan freshly grated, to taste
- Cook the broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water, until it is firm but cooked (3-5 minutes). If you are using frozen broccoli, steam it or microwave until cooked. Remove the broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place it in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain well and combine in the large bowl with the broccoli.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a small sautee pan, heat oil (and butter if using) and cook in it the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Off the heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and lemon juice and pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well. Season to taste, sprinkle with the pine nuts and cheese and serve.